Monday, October 29, 2007

A First Letter from a First-time MUMMY

A FIRST LETTER FROM A FIRST-TIME MUMMY

Hello Guai Guai-Baby,

Your papa and I say we will call you guai guai until we decide on a name for you.

This is the first time mummy is writing to you – I am 35 weeks in my pregnancy – that means the doctor predicts that you will be born in a month’s time.

So now mummy has a big tummy - and you are inside mummy for only about a month more – after that, by God’s grace, you will be born – you will come out of mummy, and be able to breathe and eat and learn to do many things on your own.

Carrying you in me for the past 8-9 months is an amazing time. Because in the last 4 months, I have been able to feel you move inside me – sometimes you kick, sometimes you move your legs or hands – and it is amazing to feel you – you are not me yet you are in me

God is amazing – He is our Creator and Designer and He designed you – fearfully and wonderfully. Mummy and Papa could never have designed you – we don’t understand how you are formed together – only God Almighty could have done this miraculous work of creating you.

We want you to know that we love you – though we have never seen you – except through the ultrasound scans – but we love you so much – and this love really comes from God because God is love. God loves your papa and me, and God has taught us to love each other, and now we love you too, Baby!

This is the first time I will be a Mummy – and so I think I will make some mistakes with you – I know you will forgive me I know God will protect all of us – He has been doing that so many times already – in the third month that I was carrying you, we found out that there was a threat of hyperthyroidism (long word – just know that it was a medical condition that could be dangerous) but we and many people around the world prayed – and the danger was gone! Isn’t God good?

Then in the sixth-seventh month, I had a urinary tract infection and vaginal infection, and was very worried about it – but God has also healed me and protected you!

Now, just last week, I found out that I have mild gestational diabetes, but thank God it is mild and can be controlled by diet. We also are praying for God’s protection on you and mummy even through this threat.

So Guai Guai, know that God is good and has been doing miracles in your life even before you were born! You will come to know God, He will be your Heavenly Father – He who never changes and who will be with you even when papa and mummy cannot be near you.

We love you, baby!

Mummy will write to you again!

Mummy, 30 September 2007

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home