Thursday, March 09, 2006

Almost 2 years

Almost 2 years

Its almost 2 years already since we have arrived in Phnom Penh, Cambodia on 27 March 2004.

Its been a big adjustment on many fronts. There are still many things that I am trying to adjust – especially my expectations.

The external things are always easier – riding the bicycle (not yet progressed to the motorcycle I must confess) on the creative-driving roads of Phnom Penh, breathing in the dust, getting used to the power cuts (to make it sound better: candle-light nights), making a delicious meal of fried egg with tomato with rice, learning Khmer language – than the internal stuff – my expectations of myself in learning Khmer and in working with my colleagues, my expectations of their work and time management.

Arrived two years ago, but not yet fully arrived.

I guess that’s life . Always on a journey, always with new things to discover about God, about others, about myself. Always with old things to uncover too, especially about myself.

Glad to be alive.
Humbled that despite myself, God has helped us to be here.
Grateful to many who pray and support us financially to make this possible and ..
Thank God It’s Friday!

Grace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home